Skiing and Winter Sports in Serre Chevalier
The Ski Area
Serre Chevalier is one of the biggest ski resorts in France and Europe with 81 runs and 62 ski lifts for beginners to expert skiers. The resort offers high mountain skiing (upto an altitude of 2800 metres), larch forest skiing, protected ski areas for beginners and families and terrain parks for a bit of fun !
The Plein Sud hotel is located in Chantemerle, right in the middle of the ski area allowing you to ski up towards Le Monetier les Bains one day and then towards Briançon another day, or just stay and have fun in the bowls of Chantemerle and Villeneuve !
Trail Map : click to open more details about the ski area
Looking for an english speaking instructor ?
- Fabrice Baringo for group or private skiing lessons.
Tel. 0033 681 560 061 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darren Turner – Insight Ski
0033 679 068 683 www.insightski.com
Check out Darren’s videos , from beginner to advanced skiing lessons.
Serre Chevalier offers many other winter sports :
- Cross country skiing, 40km of loops from Chantemerle upto the Lautaret pass.
- Snowshoeing, 20km of trails
- Skidooing, Chantemerle www.sunscoot.fr
- Karting on ice, Chantemerle www.karting-serre-chevalier.com
- Ski Joering, Le Lauzet www.ranchdugrandaigle.com
Sports Shops / Ski Rental
- Melquiond Sports www.melquiondsports.com
For those wishing to soak up the alpine atmosphere of a ski resort without skiing there are plenty of things to do :